About the Camper
The 'SKYE CAMPER' is a luxury VW T5 camper van, with a long wheel base, equipped with everything you'll need for a perfect holiday discovering the stunning Highlands and Islands of Scotland.
Travelling in the 'SKYE CAMPER' is the ideal way to discover this beautiful part of the world, taking in the majestic scenery at your own relaxing pace. There's no need to worry about having to book hotel rooms or B+B's - just pitch in your favourite location - stay for a few days or head on to your next spot - wherever and whenever the mood takes you!
It's the perfect way to island hop - what could be better than taking the ferry across from the magical Isle of Skye to the mountainous Harris with it's spectacular beaches and watching a glorious Hebridean sunset from the comfort of your home on wheels? Or how about heading north and discovering the 'North Coast 500' - a breathtaking journey through Wester Ross, Sutherland and beyond?
The 'SKYE CAMPER' is extremely well equipped - here is what comes as standard....
- Long wheel base - this gives the 'SKYE CAMPER' a more spacious interior, particularly when the bed is in position, but it's still easy to manoeuvre on single track roads
- Bike rack, holding up to 4 bikes
- 'Drive away' awning - this provides additional storage space and can be zipped up and left during the day
- Levelling chocks and spirit level
- Gas barbecue connection point
- Comprehensive insurance
In the front
- Captains chairs - the driver and passenger seats both swivel round to face the back.
- Driver and passenger airbags
- Reversing camera
- Electric windows
- Blue tooth for your phone or I-pod
- OS maps covering Skye, the Outer Hebrides and much of the Western Highlands
- Blinds for the windscreen and front windows
In the back
- Tinted windows, with a sliding window over the kitchen area
- Seating for 2, with seatbelts
- Pop top - the roof is very easily lifted to provide additional headspace
- Smoke and carbon monoxide detector
- Fire extinguisher and fire blanket
- Small first aid kit
- Plenty of lighting
- 'Wind up' torch / lantern
- Lots of cupboards, drawers and storage space and a small wardrobe with hanging rail
- 12v leisure battery and 12v sockets
- 230v mains hook up system and 3-pin 230v plug sockets
- Gas heater - thermostatically controlled to keep you toasty warm in cooler weather or cool during a heat wave (yes - we do get them sometimes!)
- Bespoke Harris tweed curtains and luxury handwoven cushions
- The pop top lifts easily to provide additional headroom. The durable canvas has a clear window section to the front which has a zip cover
- Sink with cold water tap (with on board water tank and separate waste water tank)
- 2 hob gas stove
- Gas grill
- Gas bottle
- Fridge with small freezer compartment
- Enamel mugs, plates, pasta bowls and cereal bowls
- Wine glasses and tumblers
- Kettle, teapot and cafetiere
- Lidded pans and frying pan
- Salt and pepper, tea, coffee (instant and ground), sugar and spray oil
- Chopping boards, sharp knives, scissors, vegetable peeler, corkscrew and bottle opener, cooking utensils, grater, colander, tin foil and empty plastic containers
- Tea towels, dishcloth, pan scourer, environmentally friendly washing up liquid and hand sanitiser
- Camping table and chairs for when the sun's shining!
- Disposable barbecue
- Double bed downstairs - this is very comfy and easily converts from the seat
- Luxury wool filled duvet and pillows, complete with pillow and duvet protectors
- Luxury 100% linen flat sheet, duvet cover and pillowcases
- Bath towels, hand towels and face cloths
You can hire a large storage box as an added extra - this is really useful for carrying large items such as the awning, waste water storage tank, barbecue and camping table and chairs - leaving the inside of the van spacious and clutter free!